At Callinan & Wisecup Law Firm, we are dedicated to protecting your rights as a victim. Our aim is to help you through this difficult time and secure the compensation you deserve from your Columbus car accident case.
Columbus, Ohio Auto Accident Attorneys
What To Do After a Car Accident
- Stay at the scene of the car accident: Leaving the scene might lead to legal implications.
- Assess yourself and others for injuries: Prioritize safety by ensuring everyone involved is okay.
- Request immediate medical attention if needed: If anyone is injured, call for medical assistance promptly.
- Report the accident to local law enforcement: Official reports aid your claim process.
- Secure a traffic accident report from responding officers: This document is essential for insurance and legal proceedings.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver: Include names, phone numbers, addresses, and insurance details.
- Seek out witnesses and get their contact information: Witnesses can provide essential accounts of the accident.
- Document the scene and visible injuries: Take photos of the accident scene, vehicle damages, and any visible injuries.
- Inform your car insurance company: Report the incident to your insurer as soon as possible.
- Maintain consistency with medical treatment: Follow your doctor’s orders to support your claim.
- Avoid social media posts about the accident: Until your claim has been finalized, refrain from public discussions about the incident.
Compensation You Can Seek After an Car Accident in Columbus
Following an auto accident, you have the right to pursue compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Diminished earning capacity
- Temporary or permanent loss of wages
- Pain and suffering due to injuries sustained in the accident
- Loss of a loved one resulting in a wrongful death
Compensation generally falls under three categories:
- Economic Damages: Tangible losses that can be calculated, such as medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and costs for ongoing rehabilitative services.
- Non-Economic Damages: Intangible losses like future lost earnings, pain and suffering, or recovery costs from emotional distress and grief counseling.
- Punitive Damages: In rare instances, punitive damages may be awarded if the at-fault driver demonstrated egregious disregard for safety laws or engaged in malicious, dangerous driving that led to the accident.
Get the Right Legal Help
To ensure the appropriate party is held accountable, and you receive fair compensation after your car accident, don’t face your legal challenges alone. The personal injury attorneys at Callinan & Wisecup are ready to assist you so you can concentrate on your recovery. Contact us today and leverage our expertise for your benefit.
Typical Injuries from Car Accidents in Ohio
- Head and brain injuries: Skull fractures from the human collision may not result in brain damage, but injuries like concussions, blunt force trauma, and penetrating injuries can affect the brain. Hematomas (bleeding in the brain) and swelling can occur, leading to temporary or permanent brain damage.
- Back injuries: The delicate spinal cord can sustain serious damage in an accident, resulting in lifelong back pain or even paralysis. An incomplete spinal cord injury could cause partial loss of movement and feeling, while a complete spinal cord injury can lead to paralysis below the injury level.
- Neck injuries: Whiplash, a common neck injury in rear-end collisions, occurs when an accident causes the neck’s muscles, nerves, tendons, and discs to bend forcibly forward and backward. Fractures of the top two spinal cord vertebrae, C1 and C2, can result in the most severe type of spinal cord injury, full paralysis, which is often fatal.
- Chest injuries: Significant impacts to the chest can result in broken ribs and a life-threatening condition known as flail chest. This condition occurs when a portion of the rib cage separates from the rest of the chest wall. Victims can also suffer traumatic cardiac arrest or collapsed lungs from an accident.
How Callinan & Wisecup Assists Columbus Car Accident Victims
- 15+ Years of Experience
- 99% Satisfied Clients
- 100+ Success Stories
Years of Experience
Contact us today for a free consultation. Let us help you get back on the road to recovery.
Why Choose Callinan & Wisecup for Your Auto Accident Case
We believe that our clients deserve the best possible representation. That’s why we offer:
- Proven Experience: We have extensive experience in a wide range of personal injury matters.
- Personalized Representation: We tailor our legal strategies to your unique situation for effective representation.
- Outstanding Client Service: Our commitment to client service sets us apart in our field.
- Dedicated Outcomes: Our unwavering dedication to achieving the best possible outcome for our clients is our driving force.
If you are dealing with a personal injury matter, we encourage you to contact us today to schedule a consultation. Our team is prepared to help you navigate the legal process and achieve the best possible outcome for your case.