Ohio Bus Accident Lawyers
You could be entitled to compensation if you have been injured in a bus accident, whether you were a passenger or a pedestrian. Bus accidents can happen at any time, at any place, and due to numerous reasons. Many bus companies are willing to save money on costs and training even if it means putting an unsafe driver on the road.
Since the mass transit companies that own the buses are insured for massive amounts of money, it is crucial to get the best bus accident lawyers on your side. Without an experienced attorney, you will never get the compensation you deserve after an accident.
At Callinan & Wisecup we are highly experienced in handling bus accident claims. We have an extensive knowledge of the law surrounding such accidents and know exactly what is needed to successfully recover fair compensation for victims of these accidents. Callinan & Wisecup is prepared to fight for your rights. We understand the nature of injuries that result from bus accidents, and we can connect you with the best medical care with no out-of-pocket cost to you.
What You Should Do After a Bus Accident
No matter how safe of a driver you are, you can still get into an accident. When this happens, the initial steps you take may impact your ability to recover financial compensation. To protect yourself and your loved ones, follow these crucial steps:
- Stay at the scene of the car accident.
- Check yourself and others for injuries.
- Request medical attention at the scene if needed.
- Report the accident to local law enforcement.
- Ask responding officers for a traffic accident report.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver.
- Look for witnesses and request their contact information.
- Take pictures of visible injuries and the automobile accident scene.
- Contact your automobile insurance company to report the auto collision immediately.
- Be consistent with medical treatment, including following orders from your doctor.
- Do not post about the accident on social media until your claim has been resolved.
- Contact Callinan & Wisecup for a free consultation.
You can seek compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Diminished earning capacity
- Temporary or permanent loss of wages
- Pain and suffering as a result of injuries sustained in the accident
- Loss of loved one in result of a wrongful death
The three main categories that types of compensation fall under are:
- Economic Damages - items that can be assigned an actual dollar amount, such as medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and cost for ongoing rehabilitative services.
- Non-Economic Damages - intangible elements, such as future lost earnings, pain and suffering, or the costs of recovering from distress with grief or emotional counseling.
- Punitive Damages - in rarer cases, punitive damages may be awarded if it can be proven that the at-fault driver knowingly ignored safety laws or displayed malicious, dangerous driving that resulted in the accident.
To ensure that the right person and/or entity is held responsible and you receive fair compensation after your accident, don’t take on your legal challenges alone. At the Callinan & Wisecup our personal injury attorneys are prepared to help you so that you can focus on what matters most — your recovery. Contact us today and learn how our experience can work for you.
How Callinan & Wisecup Can Help
At Callinan & Wisecup, our team will gather evidence from the scene of the accident (if possible), talk to any witnesses that may have seen what happened, take photos of your vehicle and their vehicle, obtain your medical records, and work with their insurance adjusters on your behalf. What’s more, we can begin gathering other critical evidence, such as the dashboard camera footage, the driver’s cell phone records, and more.
We strongly recommend that you do not attempt to work with the insurance company on your own. These adjusters will often do everything they can to dispute or deny your claim; you could unwittingly make a mistake that ultimately ends up costing you part or all of your rightful recovery. Instead, Callinan & Wisecup and speak to one of our accident attorneys about your legal rights and options. We do not charge any attorneys’ fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf, and your initial consultation is entirely free and confidential.
Years of Experience
Contact us today for a free consultation. Let us help you get back on the road to recovery.
Why Choose Us for Your Personal Injury Case
We believe that our clients deserve the best possible representation. That’s why we offer:
- Proven experience in a wide range of personal injury matters
- Personalized and effective representation
- A commitment to providing outstanding client service
- An unwavering dedication to achieving the best possible outcome for our clients
If you are facing a personal injury matter, we encourage you to contact us today to schedule a consultation. Our team is ready to help you navigate the legal process and achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Years of Experience